March 29th 2008 - Signs and Symptoms
· Heavy fatigue, malaise
· Frequent, lose, and watery bowel movements
· Abdominal bloating or cramps
· Foul smelling stool
· Loss of appetite
If you also have the have the following symptoms, then you need to see your doctor immediately.
· Presence of blood in your stool (may be due to amoebas, campylobacter, salmonella, shigella, and toxigenic E. Coli.) It may also be from a hemorrhoid, a bleeding ulcer or colon cancer.
· Black colored stools (may be a sign of gastrointestinal bleeding). Something to know though is that if you are taking Pepto-Bismol, the ingredient bismuth in it can discolor your stool and tongue and turn them black.
· Severe abdominal pain
· Severe rectal pain
· Fever of 102 °F or higher
· Signs of dehydration (vomiting, dizziness, lightheadedness, small amount of dark urine, or fainting)
Other links/ where to get additional information:
Dr. Marsha Peterson
Gut Reactions by Raphael Kellman, M.D., Optimal Digestive Health Edited by Trent W. Nichols,MD, Digestive Wellness by Elizabeth Lipski, Ph.D., CCN, No More Digestive Problems by Cynthia M. Yoshida, MD., The Gastro-Intestinal Sourcebook by M. Sara Rosenthal, Body Reflexology by Mildred Carter, The Doctor's Guide to Gastrointestinal Health by Paul Miskovitz, MD, Perfect Digestion by Deepak Chopra, MD, Inner Cleansing by Carlson Wade, Get to know your Gut by Joan Sauers,